After weeks of not having an appetite, I decided to see if my cooking skill still exist and what better ingredient is there to play with than Potato? Potatoes are quite easy to manipulate in the kitchen, I mean you can think of 5 different dishes instantly to make with potatoes, can’t you? Don’t fall my hands ooo. I posted this dish on my Insta story and people requested for the recipe, so I thought why not just blog it (after all my food segment have been vexing for me), so here we go:
2 medium size potatoes
2 spoon of milk
2 teaspoon of butter.
Mixed vegetables.(carrot, green peas, bell peppers, sweet corn)
- Rinse your potatoes to get off the sand and possibly manure.
- Cut into chunks and add into adequate boiling water to cook.
- Add your mixed vegetables and seasoning to the almost cooked potatoes and leave on the fire for about a minute.
- Take off the fire and drain in a colander, Ensure you have a little amount of water to drain to avoid draining off your seasoning.
- Leave to cool in the colander for about 3 minutes
- Pour into a mixing bowl and mash then add a teaspoon of butter, two spoons of milk, one egg, a little bit of cheese to taste and mix together with a fork. Ensure your mixture isn’t entirely smooth.
- Set your mixture aside and dust your cooking table or board with flour.
- Get a shaper (you can easily cut a water bottle for this, depending on what shape you want).Rub the inner part of your shaper with oil and flour.place your shaper on the board and fill in your mixture to get the exact shape of the shaper.
- Dust a little flour on the upper part of the mixture and gently transfer into a nonstick pan of adequate hot oil to fry to your satisfaction.
PS: I didn’t peel off my potatoes before boiling, this is because it is healthy and nutritional and it helped hold the mixture together. You can choose not to.
I had mine with crispy chicken and salad and served with a cup of Tea.
And that’s it guys, If you have any question, feel free to ask in the comment section and if you are able to try this recipe, feel free to tag me as well.
See you in my next post In shaa Allah.