Hi Bkay readers, It’s April guys, I hope you have all the positive energy you need around you and there is less of the usual April fool…. So today’s post is from the amazing Mide @mides_thoughts who is a lifestyle blogger and have has my blogging day one paddy.Do hope you benefit from this…..
@mides_thoughts: Just like in every sphere of life, the blogosphere has its own challenges. The good thing is that where there is a problem or a challenge, there is always a solution.
Based on personal experiences as well as observations, I will be sharing the top 5 challenges that we bloggers face on a daily and also how a can overcome them. (Not an expert though, but I’ll try!)
1) Procrastination: It’s no news that this is the major thief of time and productivity. You have a post idea, oh that’s great! Now when it’s time to write it there’s just one excuse or the other that will make you push it back and forth till you probably don’t do it again.
How to overcome: Whenever you have the ‘light bulb’ idea moment, get your pen and book or better still start drafting on your phone or computer, that way you have it lingering on your conscience that you have an unfinished business. Frankly speaking, a lot of people are waiting on you, and you wouldn’t want to disappoint them now, would you?
2) Writer’s / Creative’s Block: I used “Creative’s block” because sometimes it’s not just about the words. If you’re not the kind of blogger who writes a lot, then you might be faced with the creative’s block. This period of time just represents the blank moment for us bloggers. That moment where nothing is forthcoming and you’re just in a rut! It is very frustrating to be in this position especially when your concerned readers would reach out to you and ask what’s up?
What then do you do?
How to overcome: Never stop researching! It’s time to go to the internet and actually use it. Pay more attention to things and situations around you, you never know when a post idea might come up. Personally, I always carry a pen and book in my bag. I have also realized that whenever I cut myself from the internet for a while and just lay on the bed, I get a lot of great post ideas. In other words, do what works for your creative process and see yourself breaking free of whether block you’re facing.
3) Inconsistency: This is another challenge that affects the growth of our blog and our productivity as well! Yes, it can be quite difficult to be consistent with our blogs when there are a number of things like work, school, business, etc. vying for our attention all at the same time.
How to Overcome: Well first things first, you need to understand the concept of balance, priority and time management. The knowledge of these three will help in making you more consistent in whatever you want to do, not just blogging. However, when it comes to blogging, creating a posting schedule might be of great help. Do you want to post twice in a week or three times? Do it and try to stick to it. It’s easier said than done, trust me I know, but eventually, it boils down to discipline.
4) Promotion: So after crossing the hurdles of procrastination, writer’s block and inconsistency, you finally put up a post and then you just leave it there waiting for someone to just stumble upon it somehow, Nah fam it can’t work! Before I knew that I had to start promoting my posts, I had written several of them, which of course took its toll on my blog because I didn’t promote them. People hardly knew I blogged, not to talk of reading my posts.
How to overcome: Say hello to your new best friend, social media! It is time to put those links on every social media platform you happen to be on. Spread the word and let them know that something new is up on your blog. This is probably the most tedious part of the whole thing but you’ve already come this far, just finish it.
5) Comparison: I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get so caught up in my own pity party and I start comparing myself to some other bloggers who I feel are ‘doing it all’.
Oh yes, I’m human too, and this happens to the best of us. As fantastic as social media is, it can also be a bane to us if we let it, especially we digital influencers. We see another blogger doing so well and we begin to think to ourselves, when will I get to this point? Does he/she have two heads?
Sometimes I give myself a mental slap because this challenge is absolutely unnecessary and should be kicked to the curb.
How to Overcome: Have it at the back of your mind that our journey isn’t the same and in due time, you will get to your desired height. That person that you see doing well is also a human being like you, so you can actually ask them how they got so good at it! Everyone is uniquely blessed, so thrive in your uniqueness and do exploits. Don’t stop learning, strive to do better always.
I hope these few tips helped. Happy Blogging!
And That’s it, guys…
All Thanks to Mide for stopping, don’t forget to let me know what you think in the comment section.
See you in my next post.
Instagram: @mides_thoughts | Blog:www.portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com